Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Isn't God a Good God?


Last night as I was trying to fall asleep with Joshua, who had been waken up by a loud vehicle, I started thinking how blessed I was to have what I have. I had just finished my night off with prayer and lay there and the thought just hit me that my children are such a blessing, a gift from my heavenly father! I have 2 beautiful boys whom I love with all my heart, when at one point in time we didn't know how possible it would be for me to have even one. Isn't God great and isn't he such a graceful and giving God?
Sometimes I wonder what his future plans hold for me, and I wonder if my plan is in-line with his. My new prayer is starting to be that God line my plan up with his. That he makes my heart want exactly what it is he has planned for me. I want to strive to be what it is he wants so that his plan fits me like a well fit glove. I want my life to be so patterned this way that I bend and sway in just the right spots.
I hope that everyone has a blessed day and that you all feel like God has blessed you beyond measure. I pray that you are striving to put your plan in-line with God's. I know this is a bit different that my usual blogs, but I felt led to write this one today.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I've been thinking about God's plan for me as well. Great post, thank you!! =)

BTW, Welcome to Moms of Boys!! I have a Joshua, too! =) Though I'm sad to report that he is no longer my sweet baby... he's turned teen with an attitude to boot!! =S

MommyW said...

What a beautiful post. Today, I was holding my little boy so close I could smell him... I couldn't help but say a thank you prayer for my two beautiful children. Sometimes, it's hard to be thankful with all the busy-ness around us. It's important to take the time to say "Thank you!"

MommyWizdom

Janet said...

What a precious gift!