Friday, March 6, 2009

Aloha Friday



In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you would like to play visit Kailani

What is the sweetest thing your spouse has ever done for you?

I think mine would have to be when he surprised me on a Valentines Day when we were BROKE with a basket of goodies that included a message in a bottle with this very sweet poem, and candy, and a candle. It was just so sweet and creative! Of course it meant more that he did something, even though we couldn't afford much!

11 comments:

janetfaye said...

My husband surprised me a wonderful trip one year.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

When I had cancer 3 1/2 yrs. ago, I went through some really tough times and rough reactions to radiation and chemo etc. He was my ROCK. He came home every day at noon and made me go for a walk - even if it just meant to the end of driveway and back! He spent literally hours rubbing down my legs and back and he made sure our love life stayed active - he was amazing!! He was my HERO!!!

annies home said...

he takes care of me with my many health problems he is so sweet when he takes care of me

Anonymous said...

When I injured my back he took over cleaning and cooking and caring for the kids and he hasn't stopped. He is my prince charming and my hero.

Anonymous said...

When he has stepped in and done things without asking me, with the house or kids. Those were sweet gestures because normally he's just a part of the problem. LOL

... said...

he's done a lot of sweet things. one of the top ones would be he planned and executed a surprise trip to hawaii.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Hey ~ Thanks for commenting back! OMG ~ I forgot about The Notebook - that is one my all time FAVORITES!!! Thanks for the reminder - think I will try to get next week sometime!

sues2u2 said...

Just this past week Hubby has been leaving work a little early so that he could pick up the kids since I am sick. Gotta love that man!

More Than Words said...

Oh that is sweet!!!!!

One of the sweetest times, was before he would go to work, he would go to Starbucks first and bring me back a coffee and a scone!!!!

Gosh..why did he ever stop??? LOL

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

My hubby cooks dinner almost every night, that to me is quite sweet!

Jaime said...

toward the end of my pregnancy, i was really upset when i couldn't wear my wedding band anymore. he had my grandfather make me a bracelet that was made with the same stones as my engagement ring.