Thursday, January 8, 2009

Potato Soup


Due to the nature of yesterday's post I have decided that today I will post a recipe. Joe Braden's favorite meal is meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and salad. His second favorite meal is Potato soup and since I am making that for dinner tomorrow night, I thought I would share the recipe! The picture above is NOT my picture it is a random one I googled!

1 package of bacon thin sliced (I usually just buy the cheap stuff, since it is just for flavor really)
5 lbs. of potatoes
1 16 oz. can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 16 oz. can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 8 oz. tub of sour cream
2 cups of milk
1 lg. onion
3 stalks of celery
2 tbsp. of butter
water
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic

Cook your bacon until crisp, and drain well. Sautee your onions and celery in the butter, you can also sautee them in the bacon grease if you would rather. While you are doing step one and two boil your diced potatoes (skins can be left on or you can peel if you prefer). Drain the potatoes well and add the bacon, onion and celery. Add your milk, soups, garlic, sour cream, and water (enough to cover potatoes well about 4-5 cups). Add in your salt and pepper and simmer for at least 30 min. Of course the soup is better the longer the flavors have to mix!

We always have a ton of left overs, we keep half out to eat and 1/2 we freeze. It freezes wonderfully and is great for a quick warm meal!

9 comments:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

YUMMY I WILL NEED TO TRY THIS THIS WEEKEND FOR MY FAMILY IT LOOKS SO GOOD I WISH I COULD JUDT GRAP IT NOE W AND EAT IT . YUMMY!GIRL FRIEND!!!!!!!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

BTW I STARTED A PHOTOGRAPHY SITE COME STOP BY GIVE ME LOVE GRAB MY BUTTON CIRCLE OF LIFE MISSES YOU!!! AND IS GETTING A MAKEOVER SOON A BUTTON TOO WILL FOLLOW!!!!

Unknown said...

I love potato soup...it has to be my all time favorite soup, but I've never seen in made like this...so I am def. going to have to try it!

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh..I have not made potato soup in a long, long time! My family loved it! Your recipes sounds very similar to my friends.

It's soooo good in this cold weather!!!!!!!!

Yummy!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

WELL THANKS FOR THE LOVE AND THE COMMENT . AND WOW THAT PHOTOGRAPHY BUTTON LOOKS SO GREAT ON YOU BLOG THANKS FOR THE ADD YOU MADE ME SMILE TODAY!!!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Hi there! I'm stopping by from Circle of Life...can I just say your blog is adorable. I love the design. :) And you kids just add to the cuteness. I used to teach elementary for 6 years before becoming a SAHM. I miss it, but I'm really glad I can be at home with my boys.

And this soup sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing...I'm going to copy and paste it into my recipe file right now! God Bless!

Courtney and the Boys

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy and easy to make! Yippee!

Maggie said...

Oh my gosh, that's sounds SO yummy!!! I love potato anything - especially potato SOUP!!! =)

Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

carrhop said...

This sounds great! We love soup around here, so I'll be excited to try this one! Thanks for the recipe!

Blessings!