Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another one??????

Last weekend Joe got sick, and was really feeling awful. What was really disappointing is we were childless for Saturday and we couldn't even enjoy our time together. Oh don't get me wrong it is always nice to have quiet moments, just the two of us, but it was really pitiful to watch him feel horrible!
Fast forward to Tuesday. I go to drop Joshua off at daycare and he cried when I try to leave him, well then I notice that he is warm. I decide to take his temperature before I leave and yep he had a fever. I took him to the doctor and he had double ear infections and a cold to top it off. So we got antibiotics and he was fever free by Wednesday and feeling really good by Thursday.
In the mean time Joe was getting worse and would NOT go to the doctor saying, "I am sure it is viral and there is nothing they can do!" So by Thursday he finally is sick enough to give in and am I ever so glad he did, because he has walking pneumonia. I can't say I am shocked since he has had this several times, but he got antibiotic, a steroid shot, and flonase. He still isn't feeling well but he is better than he was.
Then this morning when Joe Braden woke up and said he had a headache and his throat hurt a little. I took his temp and it was normal so I thought it was probably allergies, since mine were raging too, and gave him Zyrtec and Ibuprofen. Well we went to church, came home and ate, and then went to an out door trades day to browse and enjoy the beautiful weather. We met the inlaws there and had a great time, but when it was time to leave Joe Braden broke down. He usually doesn't do this so I found it odd. He proceeds to tell me that he is feeling bad and his head and throat really hurt. Sure enough he is now our newest sick guy! He has had fever of 103 most of the evening, so I am afraid we are in for a long night. I am guessing a call to the doctor is the first thing I will be doing tomorrow morning. Let's just pray I am not next on the list! I am way to busy this week to be sick!!

16 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Aww, hope everyone can get to feeling better and healthy soon... that's the worst, when sickness just keeps going around. Get well soon!

Valerie said...

Hope everyone starts to feel better!! Did yall cancel your photo session yesterday?
Give Joe Braden hugs and kisses from all of us!! Maybe not kisses, but hugs definitely! Love yall!

Spaceofgrace said...

We've had so much sickness in here too! Stay healthy friend! :-)

Janet said...

I am so sorry to hear you are having such a time with illness.

We sound more alike than ever! Paul won't go to the doctor unless I threaten to change the locks!

Monica Squiers said...

Hope he gets tp feeling better soon!

Maggie said...

Ugh, it's no fun being sick!!! Hope everyone is back to feeling better soon!!

Ali said...

Oh no! My oldest was complaining about a sore throat this morning, I guess were about to go through it all now.

Storytellin' Mama said...

It's a bummer when it passes through the ranks... hope everyone is feeling better soon and you can dodge it!!

Maggie said...

Come on over to my blog - I gave you an award!! =)

Casey's trio said...

Hope everyone is on the mend..it's tough when the everyone feels so rotten.

Kameron said...

Everyone is sick right now! I want to encapsulate myself and my boys in a bubble and hope we don't get sick too! I hope all of yours start to feel better soon and I will definitely pray you don't get it! Nothing is worse than when mommy get sick!

The Happy Mom said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Hannah said...

oh my!! I don't know how you can stay calm with such a sick household! I'll probably freak out if my kids ever run a 103 temp!

I hope everyone gets well soon!

Kellan said...

Oh, I'm sorry everyone is getting sick and I hope it stays away from you! Take care - Kellan

CC said...

don't get sick! don't get sick! son't get sick!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon - its no fun when its just one after another (but isn't it always like that!!)